Friday, August 26, 2011

Maybe change is good. (?)

As per usual, my promises of continuing end up not ringing true. I have good intentions, I swear, but like anything else, life has a way of interrupting or delaying. The busy week/weekend of moving into my dorm and becoming accustomed was the culprit this time around. So much has happened in such a short amount of time here already. It's weird how, over night your world is completely different. For me, this change has actually been a good one. Though, I use 'good' in lack of a better word. The last couple of times that I have woken up to my life being different and altered, it has usually not been under good circumstances, but thankfully I can say that this time is different. This time I can say that I think this change is taking me in a brighter and hopefully more fulfilling direction than I had originally expected. I really do believe that I will grow from my experience here, both in class and out of it. I feel like in some ways I already have even.

The most surprising and unexpected experience I have had is to reconnect with an old friend, the one I thought I lost in December. It's quite strange how time does heal. I mean, clearly time doesn't make you forget all the wrongs done or difficult times you have had, but it gives you a sense of clarity and motivation to move forward and onward, without looking back. I reunite with this friend, not looking back on what has happened with us, but looking forward at the possibilities that our acquaintence or friendship has in store for us. I'm happy to have a second chance. Both with this person and just in general with me and my life. And in many ways, it's a first chance. A starting point, a launch pad, if you will. Something is beginning here and as the next days and weeks and months go on, I'm excited and interested to see how the middle and end of this journey unfold.

I know this all seems airy and broad and maybe even overly positive, but I do have this strange sense of positivity or acceptance, or something that is keeping my spirit alive and functioning. I don't know, I don't think those are quite the appropriate words to describe my state of emotions and mindset, but I will think on it more and hopefully find the right words to depict it. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment