Monday, February 25, 2013

Holy Howl

I am so indescribably moved by the film Howl. Certainly some of the best 84 minutes I've ever spent.
There's such a fluidity and honesty and artfulness to it. Probably the first time I have ever seen a film be able to bring a poet and poetry in general alive. The imagery and the composition of the script is beautiful. I found myself crying just from the sheer feeling and emotion it brought to me.

This is exactly why I want to make films--why I need to make films. That's the only way I would know how to truly express myself. I'm not good with words. I'm visual and I can't wait to finally be able to explore that.

That's a goal for after Furbelow. I must truly devote time to that art. I really do need that for my own well-being and sake of exploration.

Feeling inspired is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment