Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday Philosophy. Tunes, too.

The time has come to stop being such a whiny bitch all the time on here. I annoy the fuck out of myself so much. I mean, everything I say/write is honest and it is a great release for me to be able to express those thoughts and feelings and get them out in the open somehow. But seriously, I need to stop. It doesn't do me any good. People live their lives all the time just going from day to day, moment to moment, with out weaving an intricate web trying to connect it all to one ultimate goal or idea or something.

There are things that I want, but thinking about how greatly I want them has no benefit and it doesn't get me any closer to achieving that. If anything, it's worse because it makes me so wound up. So here is my mantra for the time being: stop giving yourself a mind fuck all the time.

We'll see how this new philosophy pans out. In other news...

New vinyl/CDs have made their way into my life and I'm really happy about it. John Mayer, Say Anything, and Passion Pit--some of my favorites. Other great music that has been released recently: Big Chocolate's Red Headed Locc (fucking incredible) and Cat Power's Sun (currently experiencing my first listen and it's great so far, as one would expect).

No comments:

Post a Comment