Friday, March 23, 2012

Hello rain. You can go away now.

As I was typing up my previous post that I wrote a couple days ago, it became appallingly apparent how much has changed in just 24 or so hours. Today has been dark, rainy, dull, and rather annoying.

It's not a secret that the rain puts me in a bad mood automatically, but watching Footloose today was rather stressful, too. And seriously don't even get me started on my mother. Which, of course means that I am definitely going to start on her and go into a long rant about her.

She's so unbelievably frustrating sometimes, today being one of them. But it's not unusually for her to get under my skin and annoy me. Today she actually got under my skin to the point of hurting my feelings a little bit. It amazes me how insensitive and rude she can be and how she thinks that she is just "teasing" as she calls it. She says teasing like that doesn't imply something negative. Teasing isn't really a good thing, especially not in the way she does it. And the way she teases is just plain mean sometimes. For today, in particular, she essentially insulted my appearance saying how awful my acne looked. Now, that's something that everyone notices and nobody actually points out because it's not polite. She acted as if it was better that my mother say it then someone else, which is a completely skewed point of view in my opinion, because people can expect other people to be rude or blunt to you, but your mother isn't the one that should be insulting her own daughter. That's just not how it goes. Ideally, no one should, but certainly not a family matter.

In general, I feel rather in adequate today. Between my mothers statements, and how some of the tech have been treating me lately. It's like they don't expect me to do well, which, to be honest, really sucks. I understand they want everything to go right and I'm sure I would be the same way in their position, but with how I'm feeling already today, that's the last thing I need is for more people other than myself to have doubts about me.

I really just want to blame it all on the weather, which really isn't that outlandish of a thing to do, in my opinion. I don't know, I honestly feel like getting a good cry out. Maybe I'm just a bit more vulnerable today since I finally watched the "Danny Boy" episode of One Tree Hill and was sobbing for an hour today.

Either way, I want the sunshine and positive vibes back. And soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment