Monday, September 19, 2011

Letting go of expectations.

This is the biggest struggle I have in my life, I think. Whether the expectations I am trying to adhere to are my own or someone else's or society's, I just need to let them go. I focus so much on making sure I obtain my goal, that I do as I expect myself to do, as I believe others expect me to do. There is nothing wrong with wanting to impress or succeed. Sometimes expectations can be great, especially when they are exceeded. But they are so stressful, incredibly stifling. That's the best word I can use to describe it--stifling.

I feel as though I'm forcing myself to be something that I'm not, or that I'm not meant to be by trying to meet this expectations. I think that what I need to do is to accept the fact that all I have control over is the current moment. I have no control whatsoever over the results. All I can do is my best. All I can do is stay true to myself. All I can do is put in my best effort. All I can do is live. And I need to stop weighing myself down with worrying that things won't go the way I plan, the way that I expect them to.

I need to let go and just let fate and life take its course. Whatever part I have in that, I don't know, but I do have a part. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment