Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Starting in the mirror.

The person you think you are and the person others believe you to be will never be the same person. Not completely. I think I need to stop trying to make them one and instead accept, learn from, and embrace both and each and all of their distinctions.

And for as much as I want certain things in life, it hit me yesterday that I can't explore and have certain things without first being comfortable with myself. I feel like I'm getting there, but I'm still making a lot of changes and realizing that I can't just make external choices and changes, but that I also have to make internal choices and changes--in how I think, feel, and act.

I think the pieces are finally falling in place and I finally feel ready to turn my life around in the ways that I've wanted for a long time now. I'm determined to see it all through.

No comments:

Post a Comment