Saturday, November 27, 2010

Drafts, ideas... they're awful, I know.

A: Why did you do it? What was the point?
B: (In disbelief and frustration) Why? Because I was compelled to...because if I hadn't I was going to explode and that would only pose more problems, am I right? (laughs sarcastically) And the point? Well, jesus, what could possibly be the point in telling the truth? Worthless thing that honesty.

One person. Four or five others surrounding. Each have their own individual light. Each 'background' person represents a specific person in the lead's life. Someone that had effected the lead, someone who involved in one of the four/five meaningful moments in their life. Monologue explains current state. Conversational excerpt from a 'climax' portion of the play with each background person. Another short monologue. Shift into actual production.

No comments:

Post a Comment