Saturday, January 4, 2014

Dreamers.

One of the biggest problems with being a dreamer: you dream up infinite possibilities, ideas, possibilities, circumstances, and lives for yourself. Sure, this gives you options at least. The thing is though, a dreamer spends so much time dreaming and accumulates so many dreams that it quickly becomes unclear as to which ones you want or don't and which are even realistic or not. And with all of this comes the unmistakable fear of never being able to have any of them, even once or for just a short while.

There's so much I want for myself and it's really hard for me to actually reach for them and believe in them. Or believe in myself, really. Everyone in my family has pretty much accepted the life that came to them or that made sense. If they had a dream, I don't know about it, but I do know that they never reached for it. This isn't something to be ashamed or anything, some people have become really happy but following the 'path' that has seemed to be made for them and just go with the flow in that way. I've learned the value of that through them.

But I have dreams and I have ambitions and I don't want to settle but I'm terrified of not being worthy of my dreams and of never being able to make them a reality in the first place. I know that I'm my own worst enemy in this case. But I don't know how to get out of my own way. Realizing and contemplating all of this conflict is exhausting and I don't know how to break the cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment